Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Do I need to go to the doctor for a second ear infection?

I had swimmer's ear in my left ear with my eardrum still intact, which I found out when I went to the doctor. She prescribed me ear drops, which I was supposed to use for 7 days. 2 days later, it completely went from my left ear and started in my right ear. Now it is on the EXACT same track -- day 1: feels like I "pulled" my ear. day 2: hurts, ear itches. day 3: worst pain of all of the days (the day I'm on right now) day 4: the top of my ear stops hurting, but the inside is still moderately painful. day 5: same as day 4. day 6: pretty much completely gone. I started taking ear drops for my left ear (1st ear) on day 5. When I got the ear ache in my right ear, I started taking them on day 2. But nothing has changed. Day 3 is still the worst pain yet. The only difference I can tell is that when I put the drops in my left ear I didn't really notice they were there after a minute or so after I got up, but in my right ear it feels like there were too many drops put in and it's clogging my ear, even though I'm putting in 4 like I always have. Do I need to go to the doctor for this, or can I just keep putting drops in my ear and it will go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment