Thursday, July 21, 2011

How do i catch these trout?

I found a small stream in Northwestern Connecticut that is stocked with rainbow and i think brown trout. On a straight a way, there is a large fallen white pine tree that crosses the stream and lays in the water maybe a couple inches. A bunch of debris has caught on this tree on the upstream side. The downstream side has a deep pool, maybe 7-8 feet. On the downstream side of the tree i can see a group of trout with huge lunker trout just swimming in place facing upstream. The water is super calm there. They hang out just past and underneath this tree. I've tried just about everything to catch these guys. Yard worms on a hook with and without sinker, Power/Trout bait, rooster tails, salmon eggs, tube bait, bass head jigs, minnows, lures of all kinds. It is frustrating because I can SEE them just below me when i fish off the tree. The big trout don't even check out my bait. I can catch small ones here and there, but i want a real keeper. Do these bigger trout just not bite? How do i catch them? I am using a closed face reel on a very light pole about 4 ft long, with 10 lb line.

No comments:

Post a Comment